Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Makeup Storage!

Ever since I can remember I've been mesmerized by makeup. I have a picture that was taken when I was 2 years old when I got into an ink blot - pretending it was makeup. I begged and pleaded for makeup and once I got it, there was no turning back! Color is a dear friend friend of mine.

I noticed the other day, as I was admiring my makeup collection, how great it is being able to see all of my eyeshadow colors clearly, having them neatly organized and portable as well. I thought I'd share my makeup organization with you here.

First of all, I use MAC eyeshadows, although I do have a few other compacts that work with this same organizational method. I use a Hanging Jewelry Organizer with clear sectioned zipper pockets simular to THIS ONE on Amazon. Although I found mine at a TJ Maxx. Isn't it a beaut?!



The one I have has a series of smaller pockets along the top portion, 6 rows of 3 sectional pockets that are perfect for eyeshadows, then one row of two larger pockets that I keep my pigment jars in. These larger pockets might also work well for storing powder compacts, foundation bottles, or brushes. The organizer that I have is also double sided, so it's the same on the reverse.

I like this storage option because I can see the eyeshadows through the clear plastic windows, they are all concealed by a zipper closure which keeps them nice and secure, and its very portable so if I want to do my makeup in another room, take it with me to a friend's or to a special event, I can grab it on the fly. I know its not hand crafted/custom made, but I thought I was pretty cleaver for thinking of this after struggling with a handful of other storage options. Plus, it makes for a great eyeshadow shrine, tehehe, doesn't looking at it just make you feel all tingly inside?!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment