Saturday, February 25, 2012

Meat and Tatoes.

Tatoes! We are a meat and potatoes kind of people. Little Daphne is no exception. Just the other day as Hubby and I were sharing lunch, Daphne showed interest in trying my slab of beef jerkey.

Just as a side note, she didn't show a lot of interest in food until right around her first birthday. She has since been more open to trying new things. We have always tried to keep a good routine of sitting her with us for meals and offering her food, sometimes she takes to it, but most times she doesn't. She almost always enjoys meat though. So, when she showed interest in my beef jerkey, I decided to give it a share. Here is a snapshot of my little carnivore. We sometimes call her Daphadon.



In honor of my little Daphadon and her meat and potato heritage... I thought I'd share one of our staple potato eats. ...I have only been dabbling in cooking for a short while, so the simpler a recipe the better, and the QUICKER I can get it on the table and in our tummies!! This recipe was inspired by a local restaurant that is a favorite of ours. They specialize in Basque food and one of our favorite things that they serve is their Creamy Red Potatoes. We'll call them Buttery Soft Potatoes for blogs sake.



BUTTERY SOFT POTATOES

4 medium gold or red potatoes ( I prefer red)

16 oz organic chicken stock

1/4 Cup of Butter

Water

Salt & Pepper to taste.



Cut the potatoes into 1 Inch cubes and place into sauce pan.

Fill the pan with Chicken Stock and Butter.







The potatoes need to be fully immersed in the liquid, so add water until it reaches 1 inch above the potatoes. Cook on medium high for 20-30 minutes, or until you can pierce through the potatoes like soft butter. To speed up the process, I use a nifty little technique that I picked up from Pinterest, original source is from Jamie of DIY Home Sweet Home. You Place a wooden spoon on top of a boiling pot of water and it helps prevent it from boiling over. I've tried this with a couple of different things and it works like a charm, I'm in LOVE with this trick!!



Once they're all soft, scoop them out and enjoy!!

My husband LOVES when I make these potatoes for dinner! Every time I make them he raves about how yummy they are!

I hope you like them too! Enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment